Spring is the most beautiful time of year to be outside, unless you’re suffering from spring allergies. While the flowers outside might look beautiful, spending all day sneezing and wheezing isn’t any fun. Thankfully, there are many things you can do to make your home a safe haven from spring allergies.
What Allergens Are in Your Home?
In your home, there are countless allergens that could be lurking on hard surfaces like tables and soft surfaces like your couch. Common home allergens include:
- Pet dander
- Outdoor allergens
- Pest droppings
What Are Signs That You Have Spring Allergens in Your Home?
Any of the following can be signs of a simple cold or signs that you are suffering from spring allergies:
- Red eyes
- Itchy eyes
- Scratchy throat
- Runny nose
How Can I Make My Home Safe for My Spring Allergies?
HVAC maintenance is the single best way to keep allergens from invading your home (and your nose). With a qualified HVAC system maintenance technician from International Services Mechanical HVAC, all of the following will leave you breathing easier around the clock.
- Use high quality furnace filters and change them frequently, depending on how much you run your heating and cooling systems.
- Get rid of any dirt and debris around your outdoor HVAC unit, as dust and dirt can unwittingly get dragged into your system.
- Have mold testing done to make sure that hard-to-spot mold spores aren’t lurking in your vents or behind your walls.
- When you dust your home during your weekly (or daily, or monthly!) cleaning, dust the registers and return vents before anything else. Since these vents circulate all of the air, they will make your home dusty if they are dusty.
- Schedule regular HVAC system maintenance to keep your system allergen-free.
Allergy Protection from International HVAC
If you searching for an affordable new AC unit, you can trust International Services. We are the trusted HVAC repair technicians for families in the Maryland and Virginia areas, and we have been keeping residents comfortable for almost ten years. We provide you with the highest quality services for the best possible price, and we never cut corners. For more information about our services, contact us online or by calling (202) 241-4822, (703) 445-7766, or (301) 534-4822. Do you want more tips on keeping your home and furnace leak-free? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.